April is when I am feeling fairly certain that Spring is here to stay. March has a tendency to trick us a bit. Building up the anticipation of short sleeves and sandals and then throwing in some very cold weather just because it can. Still, we never know whether our son can have his birthday party inside or out. Tempermental Indiana weather. LOL
It has been awhile since I have been able to actively participate in a counterfeit. I miss it, but actually making one goes down on my list far after getting the blog posts set up for it. I am happy to be jumping in this month.
Let me start with our little game that we are going to play this month. It is an April Fools inspired truth game. I am going to give you 3 facts about myself and need to decide which one is NOT true. To play along and enter to win this prize:
1. Look at my 3 facts and guess which one is NOT true. Post your guess in the comments of THIS post.
2. You have until April 16th to enter. Only one guess per person per blog will be counted.
3. To pick a winner, I will go to each blog on our hop and compile the names of each person who guesses (you will have 11 chances to win if you comment on each blog). I will use a Random Number Generator to pick the winner.
4. The winner (and the correct guesses) will be announced on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog on April 18th.
Bethany's 3 facts:
1. I met my husband on a trip to Africa. We did not hit it off at first. LOL
2. I was once stranded at a train station in Amsterdam and went home with a complete stranger so I would have a place to stay.
3. I learned how to scuba dive despite not being able to swim and having a big fear of water.
Mull these over while I share my kit with you. Hopefully I did not make it easy.
This month we tried our hands at using CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration to make our kits. I love having the freedom to build my own kit. I know it can feel scary if you are wanting more direction, but it is not to not get mentally blocked in by specific papers. If you have not tried to branch out on your own before, never fear! CSI gives just enough guidance to make it feel okay.
Here is the Case File we are all doing. I LOVE the color combination, but it is WAY out side of my comfort zone. I generally go for a brighter feel for my kits. I am excited to give it a try, though. If you have not joined the CSI site, I would encourage you to do that. It is free and FULL of really wonderful ideas and a lot of great people. Maybe I will see you over there!
The first thing I did was start pulling ANY Papers with these colors. I tried to stick with the same paper companies so the tones would be similar. I ended up with a lot of Studio Calico paper because of the really fun designs.
Next I just went down the Evidence list and started pulling embellishments that fit. I did not try to direct it to a certain theme.
It was pretty fast and easy to pull this kit together. Something puffy was my biggest challenge, believe it or not. I guess I don't do puffy. LOL I think I pulled some fun and out of the box papers that I normally would not use up, so this kit should really get me thinking. In fact, I have already dug into it.
Thanks for joining us this month! We have a lot of great inspiration planned for you. To make sure you didn't miss anyone on the hop, here is the complete list (backwards, of course, it is April Fools Day!):
Guest Designer Maggie: http://maggiebscrapblog.blogspot.fr
Hop on over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog to see how you can participate this month and don't forget to comment on this post with your guess as to what I am lying about. LOL Now that just sounds awful!