Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy National Scrapbook Day!!!

The selfish part of me wishes I could do a getaway for NSD and just relax and create. The mommy and wife part of me thinks that may never happen and that is okay. We had a youth activity today (garage sale scavenger hunt...very fun!) and then did a bit of browsing ourselves. Then it was make lunch for the kids...load the dishwasher and hey! What's that? Go to my office to play? Are you serious, honey? Wow! LOL He is a good guy. So here I am, playing along with Robyn's NSD challenges this afternoon and getting some me time. If you want to play along, just go to http://thepinkstamper.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html . It is not too late to enter her give aways and her challenges are for the next 48 hours, so give it a try. I will do what I can and will post them here...as I finish them on this post.


Challenge #1 use brown and a pastel
inspiration: Mojo Monday #83
I needed a graduation card for our Pastor's wife who graduates on Mother's Day.


Challenge #2: Try Something New


Since I use pretty much everything I buy at some point (technique wise) I was stuck on this one until I remember that I am scared of Grungeboard. LOL Yep. It is true. I was excited to find it and brought it home and there it sits. Taunting me...you'll mess up...you'll ruin me.... So I thought I would give it a go. I used the cuttlebug on the heart and then inked it really well. The key is lightly inked with distressing ink and then I tried another new product that I have not used yet...Tatered Angels Glimmer Mist. Very pretty effect. Slight shimmer. Nice color. I like it. This card is for my hard working husband.



Challenge #3 : Kid's Scrapbook page or card


Okay, I have 2 kids, you know, so I couldn't make just one! Collin loves primary colors, so that is why I chose that style for his dinosaur card...and I call Isabel "monkey", so I couldn't resist this cute SCAL Sock Monkey cut that I found.





No comments: