Monday, February 28, 2011

February's Blog Hop!

How have you enjoyed the hop?  Our counterfeiters are just FULL of great ideas! If you have wandered in here unaware, head on over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge to get a list of the blogs on our hop!  You will also see the sketch from Scraps of Darkness that my layout is based on.  Wasn't this sketch beautiful?  So elaborate!  A great opportunity to use up lots of goodies from my kit!  Here is my take on the sketch:


I have done a much better job since Christmas of getting myself on more of my pages.  I don't want my kids to grow up and think they didn't have a mom!  LOL  Mother's day is one time of year that I insist on getting in the pictures.  Documenting our relationships, as well as growth is so important. 

Thanks to the Scraps of Darkness inspiration kit, I had SO many goodies to play with.  I finally had to tell myself enough is enough and let it be.  LOL 


Although I was excited about making these pins, I was stumped about how to incorperate them on a layout or card...this was the perfect place for them and they add a special touch for me.


Thanks for participating in our hop!  In a few more days we will reveal our March inspiration kit!  I can't wait to get started!  But in the meantime, keep checking out the Counterfeit Challenge Blog...we update almost daily and have alot of fun things to share with you!

Don't forget to take a picture of your leftovers of your kit to share with us!  Let's see how much you used.  We want to know how many things you made as well!

Now on to the last blog on our hop Ruth and then off you go to create something!  LOL

29 comments:

Kylie said...

Great use of your pins and good on you for including yourself on more of your pages. Great layout.

Missus Wookie said...

yeah for photos of you and getting 'em scrapped. I like the pins in that cluster of flowers.

marianne said...

Love all the pretty details! Great layout!

Crystal said...

Great job! Perfect place for the pin and I love your flowers! Wanna make me some LOL!

Margie said...

Beautiful layout- I especially love your handmade flowers!

ms.schwiet said...

Amazing hat pins and I feel inspired to use my library card journaling spot

ms.schwiet said...

Amazing hat pins and thanks for inspiring me to use my library journaling spot

Scrap Vamp said...

Lovely layout! Love the papers and those flowers are amazing!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

so pretty! love yoru flowers

Mad for Paper said...

This is fantastic. The colors are just perfect for your photos. I love all your homemade goodies.
TFS
Ang

Jimjams said...

Fab page love the bling and the flowers & yes, get in front of the camera from time to time!

Karen Williams said...

love the flowers- they look so pretty- great colours too

MamaD said...

What a gorgeous layout!

Susanne said...

Wow you did an amazing job with paper that I thought would be challenging. Nicely done.

furrypig said...

Bethany I totally get what you mean about including yourself in LO's I really don't like many photos of me so rarely scrap myself but I appreciate it is important for the future. Did you make your flowers? They are gorgeous.

Angela said...

Oh, those pins are just perfect! I love all the green you used in your kit as well -- delish!

Tricia said...

This is a beautiful page - great job getting yourself in the photo! Beautiful clusters of flowers here.

~Mar said...

Sweet layout & I love your pins!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Just beuatiful, Meridy! Like everyone else, I LOVE your flowers and pins! These were two items that I didn't copy for this months kit, even though I loved your counterfeit ones. I can't wait to try them, though, maybe with next month's kit! ;)

MiliPea Designs said...

Your pins came out beautifully! And I'm really bad about getting in the photo too! Great layout!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

these photos are PRECIOUS! I love them...wish I had some like these of my kids and I :) I love the stick pins...they are my most favrite part of your Counterfeit Kit!!! Talk to you soon!
*meridy*

A Creative Operation said...

This is an awesome layout! Thank you for energizing my creativity!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Your layout is really beautiful, Bethany! I love those pins, your handmade flowers, and the gorgeous paper you used on your background! It's awesome you scrapped about yourself, because this is something I struggle with, myself. Thanks for an awesome blog hop!!

Truly Lori said...

I love your take on the sketch and agree that we have to get out from BEHIND the camera AND into more photos! I think that's going to be another "challenge" of mine this year! The blog hop has been great, now off to see Ruth's creations!

LaurieM said...

I'm glad you did a layout with yourself in it. :) All those pretty embellishments just look perfect! The hop has been great fun!

Razzled Scrapper said...

Wow! Love everything about your layout. The colors are beautiful, the flowers are awesome, (wish I could make mine look like that), and the stick pins are to die for. One question what type of pin did you use to add so many things to your pins? I can't find any long enough.

CStrickler said...

Those pins are such a gorgeous touch to your page!!!

Bethany said...

Glinda...I used Loop Eye Pins for making jewlerly. They are long pins with a loop at the top. I had some jewlery supplies given to me and those were in there. They bend very easily so you have to handle them carefully.

Debbie said...

I thinks it's great that you scrapped these pictures of you with your kids. I am seldom in any photos and need to work on this!
Beautiful layout - lovin all the pretty flowers.