Friday, April 4, 2014

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1: Blog Design Challenge

Look at me, getting things DONE this month!  LOL  (Actually, I worked ahead so I can play along this month as I am in a flurry of preparations for May at this time!)

I picked Stephanie's Blog to give me some inspiration for a layout about a night out with my hubby.  He surprised me for Valentines Day with a trip to paint some pottery, have some dinner at a new place and then come home (picking up the kids on the way) for dessert and a movie.  Since he is FAR from crafty, this was a great surprise (and the fact that he loved painting pottery was even better!).

Once I saw the skyline on Stephanie's blog header I knew exactly what I wanted to make.  Sometimes inspiration really does dictate what your project will be.


Picking the paper was the hardest part of this layout.  LOL  I was looking for just the right shade of blue and found it in a sheet of Studio Calico paper.  I love how it goes from lighter to darker (hard to see in the photo).  I took advantage of some of my Color Shine mists to make some splatters (I never get tired of doing that).  The only thing I am not really loving is the large paper clothes pins.  I wish I had cut them smaller, but was afraid that I would lose some of the details.

Whew!  On to another project!  I hope you will post your creations on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog!  And don't forget to save a special challenge project of your choice for our blog hop!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

what a super page! I love that skyline along the bottom - is it a die cut? And the SC paper is truly perfect - the most wonderful city evening out page!

LCSmithSAVED said...

I chose Stephanie's, too! How perfect for a "night on the town" with your sweetie. And what a creative idea for your evening.

Isbaha said...

Beautiful layout ! Looks like it was a great date. I feel really inspired byt the way you made your title. As for me, I think I will pick a little something from all the blogs, and I will keep this title idea from Stephanie's blog, thanks for the inspiration !

Stephanie said...

This is such a great page - I just love it and am so flattered that you chose my blog design as inspiration :) Love the skyline at the bottom!!

Jimjams said...

I'm loving the pegged images ... fab page Bethany!