Sunday, July 5, 2009

Whiff of Joy Entry

We took a "staycation" this weekend and got a local hotel room...hung out and did alot of things as a family. We REALLY needed a break. We love our church ministries, but are doing them 24/7, so it was time to take a weekend off. We are feeling recharged and ready to face our kids/teens classes again. :)

Today I am going to create for a while and maybe do something fun with the kids later. I finished my Whiff of Joy...I don't own any of their stamps yet (would love, too, but finances are not in the right place now for new purchases), but my dear friend Jen has stamped me a few so I can participate in some challenges. You still have some time, if you wanted to submit an entry for Whiff of Joy. Come on! What are you waiting for?


Whiff of Joy Stamp: Willow with Umbrella
Patterned Paper: Sassafrass Lass, American Crafts, My Minds Eye
Coloring: Copic, Close to My Heart (Yellow)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (weathered wood)
Ribbon and buttons (misc.)

**Note: Do not be afraid of the cool curving shape. I used my flexible ruler for the cardstock and then traced that shape onto my patterned paper so the curve would be the same. It was not hard at all. The paper pleating was a new technique for me. Not hard at all. I did use the distress ink on the clouds and a strip of white paper to do the pleating to get a softer blue look.

6 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

I love those clouds, Fabulous card. Kim

Jennifer Stutzman said...

BETHANY! This is SOOO cute! I love the clouds, i love the upside down hearts as raindrops, love the paper pleating! Awesome!! I'm glad you did this challenge and the card is way adorable! Great job.

Bethany said...

Thanks! Jen, I'm glad I did it, too. Very fun!

burnedfurniture said...

Hi Bethany; this is a blogger question I'm asking as a "blogging neighbor"...I found you in the blogger forum...the words to my blog have all dissapeared, out of the blue...I think you had the same problem this past week...what did you do to fix it??
thanks for listening
Cecilia G

Bethany said...

Hi, My text color was changed (not by me) so that it didn't show up on my page. I changed my text color back to black and that took care of it. Hope that helps...let me know if you need me to walk you through it.

Lotti said...

This is fabulous - the bright colours and yet you still manage to get that "rain-feeling" across so well! I love the clouds and the pleated paper border.